20 April, 2010

Modem not working. However, neither am I.

Silly me decided to reset the modem and the router. However, when it was time to plug everything back in, I plugged BOTH ends of the router cord into the router. ROFL
We are going to unplug the modem and wait 2 minutes then plug it back in and see what gives. Then we'll be able to determine if the modem needs to be replaced or not.

File this under...Computer IT Techie I'm not. :D

What else have I done in this category?
A very long time ago, when Macs ruled the University and we had the little boxy Mac of 1984, I helped my friend set up the lab. Well, all I had to do was run around and turn everything on. One particular Mac just wouldn't work. I tried all the cords on the Mac in making sure they were plugged in all the way. Couldn't figure it out. So, I called my Friend the Techie over. He looked at and then looked at the outlet. He looked at me with a silly grin on his face, "It helps to plug the silly thing in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment