24 April, 2010

Who gives a Damn about the Deaf and Blind?!? I do!

Illinois ONLY school for Deaf-Blind might close

It would be really AWESOME if the REAL IDIOTS would actually FUND education and special programs for the children who are both Deaf and Blind. It would be even better if we would FORCE ALL legislators to wear special devices that would make them both deaf and blind for 1 full week. Then, have them try to run the government! On top of all this, I would not allow them to speak using their vocal cords. This will give them a more true scenario to what Katherine McCarrick and others like her go through in life.

So, who is the real culprit?


Unfortunately, it is the FEDERAL government who were ALL UNSCHOOLED! Okay, so they weren't, but in their minds, they taught themselves. See them pat themselves on the back. Wouldn't want to disappoint them with the truth, now would we? What? You say a teacher actually taught them?! Nah! Couldn't be! It's the army that taught them. Unless you spend billions on defense, you have no teachers. Right? Let's get serious here. Too many children with brain damage are NOT taught how they need to be taught because those programs are NEVER funded in the way they need to be.

I HAVE DEVELOPMENTAL DELAY DISORDER! I could have had this almost completely reversed IF AND ONLY IF I had a special tutor that worked one and one on me for the entire school day! Instead, my speach therapist taught me how to teach myself. She worked with me as much as she could get away with (and behind my dad's back!) You see, she diagnosed me with Dyslexia - both Auditory and Visual. However, a Professor diagnosed me with Shaken Baby Syndrome. My dad did confirm this, and then promptly forgot. Don't blame him. What parents whats to remember that horror? I wouldn't! However, I forgave both of them, and the my mother changed for the better. My dad is still delusional. However, my parents were not capable of teaching me! My dad, a teacher REFUSED TO BELIEVE THAT HIS DAUGHTER COULD HAVE ANYTHING WRONG WITH HER! So, how can we say that parents are always the best teachers and or parents for their children? Some children have multiple "disabilities" that makes it very hard for a parent to cope. Some parents are better at coping then others. What Katherine needs is not to be put in some school that only deal with the Deaf or only with the Blind. She is both. Deaf-Blind children have their own way of talking. They have their own special needs that is VERY DIFFERENT from the children who are just Deaf. Deaf people can use their Sight. Blind people can use their Ears. Deaf-Blind can't use their sight nor can they use their ears. Deaf-Blind communicate through signing into the hands of their friends. Their friends sign back into the hand. These people MUST BE KEPT TOGETHER because NO ONE is going to be their friend! Don't believe me? How many Deaf people do YOU talk with? How many Blind people do you talk with? Now, are you good friends with BOTH types of people? No? I'm not surprised! If you are deaf or blind you will have problems communicating with the other person. And, if you are neither, you usually can't be bothered to learn how to communicate in Sign, let alone, bring your job home with you and actually be friends with these people. So, who is going to bend over backwards to learn how to sign into a hand and be good, true and real friends with a Deaf-Blind person? Only another Deaf-Blind person. Only another Deaf-Blind person is going to understand how hell life is! I am not blind or deaf and people don't want anything to do with me, except for a 3 friends. One I can only do scrabble with. The other is an online friend. The third, who I can tell anything and everything too, has cancer all over her body. Now, the only thing "wrong" with me, is that I have mental illness and can't always access what I know, making communication with me hard for most people to handle. Sometime I carry on intelligent communications, like I am doing now. Other times, I can't follow the conversation, even if its online and typed out. Just imagine what Katherine goes through? And, then to say 'we don't have the funds' so school must close? Give me a break! Why not try taxing Gas for cars by another 10 cents a gallon! Why? If they can't walk, bike or use public transportation, than they deserve to pay more. I would, however, put into law an exemption for any who qualifies and carries a special card that declares they provide transportation to the "Disabled", and label law as a special needs law so that the Handicap is NOT discriminated against and so that the American with Disabilities Act can be honored, by making an accomodation for those who can not use other means of transportation. And, I'd get good lawyers involved to help write the law in such a way that some idiot can't get it reversed by the Supreme court because they are so rich that they don't think they should have to pay the tax. I would also put this tax first to all schools that deal with severely disabled children, then not so disabled children, and then after that, give the funds to the other state schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment