01 March, 2010

Who needs 10 pages that are only 1 post long???

Okay, so I choose titles for 6+ other pages. However, ALL posts go to this page! This makes the other 10 pages very USELESS!

UPDATE: I obviously did NOT understand the concept of these "pages" and what they were meant for. I do now, and am fine with it. Thus, the below is *cough *cough outdated a little. ;)



Unless, you want to write charts or their equivalent on those pages. Also, I find most people HATE scrolling through 100,000 LINES OF BLOG to find the post they want. Use Google search engine and you'll find the 1 blog you want, but then have to scroll through thousands of lines to find that one blog entry. NOT COOL! I was hoping that google would have fixed that issue. So, I'll still be using wordpress on my website for my other blogs. I do not wish to have several blogs here. (Do they allow several blogs?) The search feature only works IF you remember the exact words you found on the other google search result, and plug that in. I don't know, I'm too tired to figure this out, but their might be a good reason for all this monkey work. The Programming to fix this might be a little too chaotic. However, I know for a fact that they can at least allow you to have 10 blogs under one account (really just 10 pages each with their own theme and posts under those themes.)

Google might have something that the equivalent to that possibly. Tags might help here. However, I like to go to the page that has all of the same on it, and then post after reading it. I think I have to figure out tags. I'm lousy at tags. I admit it. Still though, the 10 pages are mostly useless. I'll have to edit that same post over and over again under the "other" pages being that I can't post any NEW stuff on that page.

2 comments:

  1. There is a setting that you can find in your settings -- use old editor, use new editor or something like it. Use the new editor. It includes a "More" button which lets you post short initial blogs, with a "Read More" link to give you the full post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I'll definately edit my post to do this! (I'll do this AFTER I get my Ubuntu working, IF NEW doesn't always work ME and FF 2.0.

    ReplyDelete